Spectacular Segovia, part 2

It's late Sunday night/Monday morning, and I can't sleep so I thought I'd get up and do something useful until my body is willing to cooperate. So...here's the next entry on Segovia. It's late so my writing will be grossly inadequate for the subject, but I know you'll forgive me. :)

The HISTORIC TOWN CENTER
In truth, what captured my attention most about Segovia wasn’t its imposing cathedral, its grand aqueduct, its evocative castle. It was the myriad designs embossed on the ordinary businesses and towns in Segovia’s historic town center. It’s unlike anything I have ever seen in all my travels. Simply stunning.

I took dozens of photographs, and included many below. To really see the designs, you'll need to click on the image to enlarge it:



Pretty great, eh? Here are more examples—-small squares of other embossed designs on Segovia's homes and businesses. Amazing!!!

Beyond the designs on buildings, the city really is very charming. I loved the layout of this plaza--the Plaza de San Martin:

The center of old Segovia is the shady Plaza Mayor, lined by an eclectic assortment of buildings and cafes. My little camera doesn’t do groovy wide angle shots, so here’s my (poorly) stitched together three shots of the Plaza:

Here’s an example of a typical street in the historic town center:

And here’s one more image of Segovia to leave you with, until tomorrow:


UP NEXT: Photos of Segovia’s breathtaking castle.