The Daily Commute...What a treat!

Well, this is certainly the best commute I have ever had. It takes me about 20 minutes to walk to school, and it is an absolute pleasure! Here's a play-by-play of what I see:

(Note: Some photos were taken en-route to school when it is still a bit dark out, while others were taken on the way home at 1pm.)

1 MINUTE: The plaza just around the corner from my apartment.

3 MINUTES: An example of the little streets that I walk down next.

6 MINUTES: Next is Calle Mayor, the main street of the historic center. During this time I walk through Puerta del Sol and on to...

8 MINUTES: A charming little round plaza that doesn't want to be photographed but is really spectacular.

11 MINUTES: Crossing the Gran Via, a major artery of downtown Marid and full of fantastic historic buildings.

14 MINUTES: The roundabout of Plaza de Cibeles, with the over-the-top ornate Post Office in the background.

17 MINUTES: A few minutes later on the Gran Via, a view back toward the Cibeles fountains and the Gran Via where I just walked.

19 MINUTES: Another roundabout, this one called Plaza de la Independencia. From here, I turn down one of the arterial streets off the roundabout, and I'm there! Phew...what a great 20 minutes.

Of course...
I could take the subway. I've taken it a few times to other places, and it's very clean and efficient. But this would be the view on my commute:

Not a tough decision.