Remembering Warren

In September of this year, NorthCentral University and the City of Prescott Valley held the Second Annual Prescott Valley Kinetic Sculpture Race, and presented the winner with the Warren Parkes Grand Champion Trophy.

I just got a picture of the trophy, and I love it. It's a worked metal piece depicting Warren flying an airplane, and on his chest is a large red heart.

I like the whole piece (I tend to like art made out of scrap metals), but I really love the big red heart, and love knowing that everyone who knew Warren saw what a big heart he had.

Warren was a pilot, a photographer, a writer, a designer, a college lecturer, a singer...he was so many things. But above all, he was just such a good person. He cared so much. I lived with him, so I saw how much he cared. And now it makes me happy to see that others saw it too!

(See the September blog entitled "PV Tribune Article about Warren" to read more about the award and why it is being given in Warren's honor).