Lots of walking...

Since the point of the journey was the walking, I thought I’d better capture some sights along the way. Here are collages and images from the first few days of walking:




On Day 4 we reached the highest point in the entire Camino. At 1,482m, this milestone of the pilgrimage is celebrated with the famous Cruz de Hierro (Iron Cross), where centuries of pilgrims have been leaving a stone brought from home, an offering they hope will give them protection for the rest of the pilgrimage.

There were indeed a lot of rocks surrounding the cross, plus an odd assortment of other ‘offerings’ (old shoes, a bra, many letters…)





Below are images of one of the camino’s many shrines. This one appeared to be dedicated to lost loved ones of those hiking the camino. I so wished I had known about this little shrine so that I could have brought a picture of Warren to add. But alas, I did not, and all my photos were tucked in my luggage en route to the night’s hotel. Oh well.