Back Home! Time to sign off...

 I'm back home. HOME! HOME! HOME! As great as my (almost) year of traveling was, it's great to be home.  And since this is a Travel Blog, this will be my last entry for awhile.

Beautiful Utah (American Fork Canyon)

Hurray for comfort! Hurray for sameness!
One of the benefits of traveling abroad is that it creates renewed appreciation for your own surroundings. My first week back I was stunned anew at the beauty of the Wasatch mountains that lie just outside my front door. And I was utterly giddy over the thought of having my very own washing machine, a closet full of clothes, and a refrigerator and microwave. Living on the road--out of a backpack no less--for months on end surely does help you appreciate the little things in life.


American Fork Canyon & one of my friendly new neighbors

My new home
For those of you who have not been to Utah, it truly is beautiful here and I'm happy to report that I have decided to settle here for awhile. Below are some photos of the area (for all my new international friends). I live just minutes from the mouth of American Fork Canyon, and in an area with pockets of small grazing land (luckily all small scale...no stinky manure smells wafting around). There's horses, llamas, and sheep on small plots here and there, making a nice little diversion on my nightly walks with my sister.




My Future
I've spent the last year contemplating next steps, contemplating what a life without Warren could look like. And, I have come to a decision.

I love learning, and even more, I love sharing what I have learned. I think this world is fantastically, amazingly interesting, and the thought of sharing that wonder with others is very exciting to me. So, I've decided to teach.

I have enrolled in a one year program to get a MA in Education (since my MA in Geography gets me nowhere in this case. Argh!) Nerdy girl that I am, I can't wait for classes to start. But...they don't start until end of August, so in the meantime I have months of relaxation ahead of me. So many books, so little time. Scratch that. So many books, nothin' but time. :) Looks like the backyard lounge chair is gonna get a lot of use this summer.