Guatemala



In the winter of 1996, I went on a Central American adventure, and -- surprise, surprise -- I actually made a travel journal for that trip. Yea! Unfortunately, it's kind of boring...but I've posted the pages below nonetheless. Consider yourself warned. :)  

These pages describe my time spent in Guatemala. To see what I did in Mexico before Guatemala, click on the Mexico section.  And to see what I did after Guatemala, click on the Belize section.

Guatemala







(After Antigua and before Flores, we took a brief side trip into Honduras to see the ruins of Copan. To read about that, see the Honduras section.)


(This trip continues in the Belize section.)


(Note: I made this journal two decades ago and don't remember much about it, but looking at it now, I wonder if I "borrowed" a few pictures from the internet for the section on Lake Atitlan. Some of those pictures I have no recollection of taking and also they are way better than my photography abilities at the time. So, just sayin', a few of these shots might not be my own. Not that anyone really cares.)